Developing Women leaders With A Leading IT Services Company
Our client is a leading American IT services company, with a multinational presence. As part of their broader strategic aim to anticipate and respond to the worlds evolving technology needs; the client acknowledged the importance of having a talent base comprised of diverse leaders.
Having identified a shortfall in their levels of women at senior management and assistant director levels, the client set out to develop a enterprise wide program dedicated to enhancing the retention and progression of women.
The client partnered with YSC to design and deliver a workshop that would form a crucial part of the broader leadership development program.
YSC designed and delivered a 2-day in person Leadership Brand workshop for approximately 150 women leaders, across 3 regions. The workshop focused on:
- Self-aware leadership – nuanced understanding of distinctive strengths & blind spots
- Understanding various identities, life-work roles & stages of life
- Displaying confidence & gravitas & challenging the status quo
- Displaying ambition & discovering purpose
- Building visibility, strategic relationships & networks of support
- Integrating personal leadership with the ability to lead the business.
To measure the impact of the workshop, YSC purposed a combination of qualitative case studies, a post-workshop pulse survey and a comparative analysis of performance and leadership capability ratings, prior to the workshop and 3-6 months post-workshop.
With a number of workshops still underway in India, America and Europe, and the impact measures still to be finalised; here are some early insights from the post-workshop survey completed by participants in India.
On average participants scored the workshop content (4.2) and facilitation (4.4) highly on a 1-5 Likert scale.