Tackling lagging performance by investing In leadership strategy
Our client is a global food and facilities management company, and one of the world’s largest employers. Having once been a leading business unit within the organization, a segment had seen lagging performance for two years and several CEO and senior leadership changes had been made to address the situation. The incoming CEO was tasked with quickly stabilizing this struggling business and returning them to sustainable profitable growth.
Our client was looking for a partner to articulate the leadership capabilities that would support their business strategy of industry leadership, innovation, client growth, and efficiency.
They wanted a rigorous assessment of their senior leadership to understand individual and collective strengths, development needs, and areas of greatest risk and opportunity in pursuit of their future strategy.
- Partnering with the newly appointed Global Segment CEO and CHRO, we were engaged to support a turnaround in the business by deepening understanding of the leadership team and their distinctive strengths and development needs.
- We co-created a Leadership Success Profile which clarified the leadership mindset and capability required to deliver on the go-forward business strategy.
- The Global and North American CEOs and their leadership teams were then assessed by YSC for strengths and risks relative to priorities within the Leadership Success Profile.
- YSC then facilitated a series of 3 offsites with these leaders to align and engage them to individually and collectively seize this important and complex leadership challenge.
- Leaders committed to the Leadership Success Profile as a new standard of performance for leading the business.
- This generated individual and collective insights about strengths and passions to leverage, with gaps and risks to mitigate.
- Facilitated offsites resulted in a newly defined Senior Leadership Team committing to better collaboration and support. Individual and team development plans supported personal growth and improved team effectiveness.
- Cultural shifts were made towards challenging the status quo and finding the right balance between accountability and empowerment.