About the role
Reporting to The Senior Product Manager the Product Manager will be responsible for a defined feature set within YSC’s cutting-edge, people analytics and insight platform, YSCQ. This SaaS based system will utilise the latest psychometric and predictive data analytic techniques, as well as modern user centred design and data ownership principles, to deliver better organisational outcomes. Want to know what you as an individual could do to make your work life easier/happier/more successful? How to understand and work with your colleagues better? Want to know as a manager which levers to pull to help your direct reports and improve performance in your team? Are you a CHRO wanting to know if your people have the right mix of skills to deliver your business strategy? YSCQ will help you.
We are right at the beginning of our digital journey to revolutionise both our external offerings and internal processes. As such this is a great time to get involved, gain a wide range of experience while exerting a large amount of influence on the direction we take. You will be joining a small team of experienced product management professionals with a range of backgrounds. This is a very hands-on role in a small organisation so the successful applicant will enjoy getting involved in everything from writing acceptance criteria to supporting sales.
As part of the wider Scrum team, you will manage the entire product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing requirements, defining the vision, and working closely with design and engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Conduct market and client research.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria, maintaining a refined and prioritised product backlog.
- Participate in all Scrum ceremonies and stages of the development process from requirement definition to UAT and release.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Monitor the ongoing health and success of the product against KPIs.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Support pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Support the development of sales tools and collateral and perform demos to customers.
- Support the development of business cases.
- Brief and train the consulting teams at regular meetings.
- Act as an expert on the product within the business and in support of sales and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience as a hands-on Product Manager.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively within a Scrum team in a product owner role, ideally in a SaaS B2B or B2C environment.
- Familiarity with Jira or similar Scrum tool.
- Ideally experience working in a full stack development context or at least a working understanding of the key elements involved.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Determined and confident in working with a variety of people up to senior levels.
- A customer focussed, practical and data driven approach to problem solving.
- Ability to learn complex new information quickly, understanding how many complex issues and systems link together.
- Can prioritise what matters most now vs. next vs. later, understanding and tracking trade-offs that are made along the way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fun and resilient nature even under pressure, does not take self too seriously.
- Caring and supportive towards colleagues and clients.
Get in touch
The YSC Team
Our best in class consultants are highly characterful, representing a range of backgrounds in the behavioral sciences and business, coming from different markets around the world and representing a wide range of social identities.
YSC partners with organizations around the world to identify and develop the leadership styles, interpersonal and team dynamics, and total cultures that are most likely to enable successful, sustained delivery of commercial and organizational performance.