Managing Data Analyst
Grounded in the rigor of the behavioral sciences and practical realities of commercial and organizational demands. Our consultants have varied professional backgrounds, advanced degrees and industry credentials in psychology, organizational behavior, management, adult learning and related fields, including education, social work, counselling, and more.
We are an inclusive and interconnected global team made up of appreciative and constructive individuals who start with what works, build from successes, and are future focused. Our people are eclectic and curious by nature, making us uniquely YSC.
In line with an increasing demand from our clients, as well as the evolving nature of the industry, YSC is on a mission to continually use more sophisticated analytical tools and processes to generate deep, actionable leadership insights. We see Leadership Analytics as one of the key driving forces that powers strategic decisions and change within organizations and fundamental to how we consult with our clients.
Over the past three years, we have made significant advancements in leadership analytics. We have now arrived at the next phase of our growth which will involve us integrating analytics with rapidly developing technological capabilities in our industry. With the growth of AI and Machine Learning, there is significant scope to bring greater scale, precision, and pace to our analytical services.
The Managing Data Analyst role reports into the Head of Data Analytics as part of the Digital and Data Solutions Team. The Managing Data Analyst will work with client-focused consulting teams, and they are responsible for leading data consulting in a variety of client projects. The Managing Data Analyst acts as a data expert and specialist in data analytics with strong commercial experience. They need a deep understanding of the major measurement models at YSC and its business. They need to be able to independently scope and execute work in collaboration with consultants and act as data expert during client engagements. They also have line management responsibilities for a group of data analysts spread across business units.
The nature of the work varies depending on business priority. However, examples of typical responsibilities are given below:
Client-Facing Work & Commercial Skills
Partnering with client teams to solve organizations’ talent and business issues using data and analytics e.g., do our leaders have what it takes to deliver our business strategy? Is our organization truly diverse and inclusive? What can we do to accelerate the development of high potential people? Which factors are driving performance in our organization?
- Guiding clients on how best to capture, quality control and structure their own data around talent while linking it to data collected by YSC to deliver powerful insight.
- Demonstrating and quantifying ROI for every engagement, including challenging colleagues and clients appropriately to ensure projects are set up for success from a data analytics perspective.
- Bringing data to life and telling the story behind the analysis with an eye on the benefit to the client as well as business development opportunities for the business.
- Gathering data on organizations and industry trends to assist with new business development.
- Playing a pivotal role as data expert in scoping client work, proposal writing, and project design for new work.
- Partnering with the IP team to keep client teams up to date with the latest thinking, products and services.
- Report writing capability, able to describe results in a compelling and impactful manner. Able to frame insights within the client context and provide relevant and insightful recommendations, linking insights across workstreams and client systems.
Working with YSC Proprietary Models, YSCQ, and Data
- Having a deep understanding of all proprietary YSC models, with that being able to apply theory to practice.
- Being an SME on specific models.
- Able to independently perform Custom Framework mappings on all YSC insight & measurement models.
- Being an ambassador and subject matter expert for YSCQ, YSC’s online data & insights platform, and having the ability to advise our internal and external stakeholders how to embed and utilize the technology within the client data journey.
Line Management Responsibilities
- Performance management of a globally dispersed team.
- Ensure team cohesion, knowledge & standards sharing across team.
- Manage resourcing across the team, including tracking of work requests.
- Support with recruitment, induction and training as required.
This is a hybrid role that can be virtual or in-person at our regional offices in North America.
- Demonstrable applied analytical background in a commercial setting.
- Strong commercial experience with credibility in front of senior clients.
- Relevant industry experience.
- An interest and working knowledge in occupational psychology, talent management and / or assessment.
- Additional academic background ideal but not critical, provided that detailed and practical knowledge of the following can be demonstrated:
- data and analytical techniques
- quantitative and qualitative analytics techniques
- research project experience
- knowledge of research methodologies
- The ability to tell a story with data, translating complex analytical outputs into clear, compelling, and practical recommendations for action, within a commercial setting.
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookup, nested functions, pivot tables). Familiarity with SPSS and/or R (or similar) including syntax writing.
- Highly motivated by understanding how to enable business success through people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven track record of building productive and influential working relationships.
- Able to take the initiative and make practical decisions at pace.
- Previous mentoring, supervisory or managing experience is desirable.
- Strong people and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to write about technical and complex concepts in a concise, simple and accessible manner.
- Ability to work with a range of global stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Compensation for roles at YSC varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, YSC provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired as set forth below.
- Range of starting pay for role: £80,000 – £100,000
Please be aware that YSC part of Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, abiding by applicable federal, state & local laws. Requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement will be considered during the recruiting process.
Please reach out to [email protected] for any inquiries.
Get in touch
The YSC Team
Our best in class consultants are highly characterful, representing a range of backgrounds in the behavioral sciences and business, coming from different markets around the world and representing a wide range of social identities.
YSC partners with organizations around the world to identify and develop the leadership styles, interpersonal and team dynamics, and total cultures that are most likely to enable successful, sustained delivery of commercial and organizational performance.