Grounded in the rigor of the behavioural sciences and practical realities of commercial and organizational demands. Our consultants have varied professional backgrounds, advanced degrees and industry credentials in psychology, organizational behaviour, management, adult learning, and related fields, including education, social work, counselling, and more.
We are an inclusive and interconnected global team made up of appreciative and constructive individuals who start with what works, build from successes, and are future focused. Our people are eclectic and curious by nature, making us uniquely YSC.
In line with an increasing demand from our clients, as well as the evolving nature of the industry, YSC is on a mission to continually use more sophisticated analytical tools and processes to generate deep, actionable leadership insights. We see Leadership Analytics as one of the key driving forces that powers strategic decisions and change within organizations and fundamental to how we consult with our clients.
Over the past three years, we have made significant advancements in leadership analytics. We have now arrived at the next phase of our growth which will involve us integrating analytics with rapidly developing technological capabilities in our industry. With the growth of AI and Machine Learning, there is significant scope to bring greater scale, precision, and pace to our analytical services.
The Lead Psychologist role reports into the Global Head of Data Analytics as part of the Digital and Data Solutions Team. In this role the lead psychologist will be responsible for the development and analytics of YSC’s psychometric data measurement portfolio, to support the design and evolution of YSC’s data architecture of our people intelligence platform, to drive our data science and predictive analytics workstream, to partner and advise our team of engineers and data scientists, and to support the creation of collateral and publications showcasing the unique insights YSC is able to generate from its data.
We are recruiting for a Lead Psychologist based in the UK. The nature of the work varies depending on business priority. However, examples of typical responsibilities are given below:
Analytics & Psychometrics
- Involved in the research, development process and analytics of our core set of psychometric measurement tools.
- Driving the design and implementation of data capture processes, as well as scoring and predictive analytics algorithms.
- Key in developing out the data warehouse structure and data architecture strategy.
- Working alongside peers in Product, Technology, Content Creation and Commercial, to identify and lead the implementation of improvements associated with data capture.
Driving cutting edge application of data science
- Applying understanding of current thinking in data science to YSC’s data.
- Shape the logic and scoring of our qualitative data into quantitative insights.
- Building new approaches that draw on the very latest in AI, Machine learning, ONA etc. for clients to derive greater insight from their data.
- Involved in the research program to ensure we are constantly evolving our thinking and contributing new thinking to the field and to our clients.
Expectations & Qualifications:
Reflective of our entrepreneurial and flexible ways of working, we will be thoughtful of ways to flex the specifics of the role for the right candidate. It is likely that the successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging data science methodologies.
- A masters or PhD in I-O Psychology with a strong focus on Statistics
- Advanced analytical skills, fluent with SPSS, R, MPlus.
- Relevant industry experience.
- The ability to manage ideas from conception through to output.
- Able to take the initiative and make practical decisions at pace.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication.
- Ability to write about technical and complex concepts in a concise, simple, and accessible manner.
- Comfortable managing competing operational demands, client requirements, and strategic plans.
- Strong people and relationship management skills.
- High levels of organisation, prioritisation, and planning skills in managing multiple work streams across multiple time zones.
- Proactive problem solver with a solutions orientation approach.
- Accurate with strong attention to detail and robust data management.
This is a flexible role with a mix of home & office working days. Preference would be for the Lead Psychologist to be available for one or two days a week working in person in the London office, where commuting allows.
Get in touch
The YSC Team
Our best in class consultants are highly characterful, representing a range of backgrounds in the behavioral sciences and business, coming from different markets around the world and representing a wide range of social identities.
YSC partners with organizations around the world to identify and develop the leadership styles, interpersonal and team dynamics, and total cultures that are most likely to enable successful, sustained delivery of commercial and organizational performance.