Head of Europe Client Operations
This role is responsible for the strategic and day-to-day operational leadership for Client Operations within YSC Europe. This includes designing, coordinating, running and advocating for Client Operations services across the Business Unit and within the global business. This role is the primary interface with consultant teams in Europe; with Technology for processes and systems required to support the operations, and with Finance for data sharing around revenue allocations and cost.
Core to the role is strategic planning and execution of operational programmes that establish best practice and deliver an end-to-end, efficient and effective client experience. The role holder will drive continuous improvement to continually increase quality across the entire customer journey. They will ensure fit-for-purpose applications, platforms and business processes are in place; manage the team effectively through careful resource planning and people and performance management; and they will maintain day-to-day operating effectiveness and efficiency. In addition, this role will serve as a key partner to other operations colleagues within the global business, to help drive broader operations projects and ensure consistency across regions.
- Manage a team of circa 40 operations professionals; provide clear leadership and a vision, clarity around roles, responsibilities and objectives, provide coaching and mentoring, and performance management where required.
- Provide strategic and daily operational leadership and guidance for Europe Operations as well as enabling execution of strategic business plans presented by the Managing Director.
- Collaborate with leadership and cross functional teams to build an environment of responsibility and accountability
- Ensure adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and client expectations.
- Oversee the end-to-end client experience to guide delivery of performance, quality, and identify opportunities to implement process and system improvements across operations to enhance client experience and drive effectiveness.
- Manage data collection to establish baseline and improvement of the client experience across all touch points within the Business Unit.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative performance indicators, guidelines, and standards to measure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to global operations and technology strategy and plans aligned to business objectives.
- Develop strategies to ensure the client experience is consistent with YSC’s values.
- Champion best practice and understand unique business needs.
- Manage and monitor consultant resourcing, using data available to enhance client resourcing processes in support of improved client delivery.
- Drive YSC’s operating capabilities to surpass client satisfaction and retention; create a high class and high touch client experience.
- Evolve operating model to drive efficiency and cost savings where relevant.
- Proactively manage financial processes such as client invoicing (WIP), client reviews, Master Service Agreements and Scope of Work documents to support accurate financial reporting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Extensive and diverse background with at least five years of related experience in operations and people management.
- Strong track record of providing exceptional operations management, establishing an end-to-end overview of workflow, demand and failure demand, information flow, and quality management.
- Experience in mapping customer journeys and driving improvements to achieve premium customer/client experiences.
- Strong client experience gained in a B2B operation with demanding clients.
- Experience of defining, executing and leading operational change programmes.
- Track record of implementing new systems and processes, drive rapid effectiveness and consistency across.
- Experience of applying Total Quality Management, Lean or other relevant technologies, to support delivery and continuous improvement.
- Experience in project management (understand, analyse, implement, and communicate complex requirements) and of managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- Experience of managing competing operational demands, client requirements, and strategic plans.
- Experience of effectively prioritising and executing deliverables in a demanding environment.
- Strong leadership and decision-making experience where flexibility to adapt plans was required.
- Experience of influencing within a matrixed organisation.
- Experience in managing global operations, working across different time zones and cultures.
Key Skills & Qualities
- Strong business acuity with solid knowledge of finance, programme and/or project management principles.
- Confident in data analysis, using MI to measure improvement and delivery against KPIs.
- Confident using business applications such CRM, scheduling, tracking and resourcing software.
- Deep understanding of customer experience/journey principles.
- A strong problem solver, always seeking to understand the root cause of issues and drive towards sustainable solutions.
- Inspirational leader, with a proven ability to influence teams and create positive change and improvement.
- Outstanding communicator.
- Strong people and relationship management skills, demonstrating strong Emotional Intelligence.
- Diligent, proactive and results-driven.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team.
Get in touch
The YSC Team
Our best in class consultants are highly characterful, representing a range of backgrounds in the behavioral sciences and business, coming from different markets around the world and representing a wide range of social identities.
YSC partners with organizations around the world to identify and develop the leadership styles, interpersonal and team dynamics, and total cultures that are most likely to enable successful, sustained delivery of commercial and organizational performance.