Assessing & developing high potential leaders
- RSA Insurance Group is a FTSE 100 company with 19 million customers and 18,000 employees operating in 32 countries. YSC partnered with RSA to design and run elements of development programs for high potential talent groups at senior and executive levels.
- In line with their new leadership strategy, RSA wanted to carry out an end-to-end re-design of their previous development programs. These programs aimed to deepen the global talent pool and strengthen succession pipelines for future leaders.
- A strategic partnership with RSA allowed YSC to leverage previous insights around the culture, business and key stakeholders in order to understand their needs and create a tailored development program for their high potential talent.
Development Assessments and 360° feedback: Participants underwent individual, four-hour assessments with YSC to gain insight into themselves, their strengths and development areas. This included 360° feedback and psychometric questionnaires to gain deep insight into the leaders.
Feedback and Coaching: Participants received a report that detailed their strengths, development areas and potential. They had a coaching session with their YSC consultant to understand the insights and start creating an actionable development plan.
Aggregate Analysis of all participants: Using the insights from the assessments, YSC created an aggregate analysis for each cohort detailing key leadership strengths and development areas and how they benchmarked internally and externally. This data provided RSA with new insights around leadership capability and potential within specific demographics, geographies and specialisms. These insights were instrumental in informing the design of the development programs.
Development programs: YSC worked with RSA and their external partners to deliver holistic development programs. YSC designed and delivered the sessions focused on leadership brand and purpose, influencing skills, managing energy, resilience and ethical leadership.
- Despite unprecedented organizational change and uncertainty, targets for the retention of participants were met and promotion targets were exceeded. This was measured against an external benchmark for high potential development programs.
- Executive succession plans were streamlined and strengthened, given RSA a rich understanding of their talent pipeline for critical roles.
- The programs received excellent feedback from participants, their line managers and the Executive Committee in terms of quality, relevance and impact.
- The feedback highlighted that the programs helped to equip individuals with the skills and mindset they needed to step up and transition to more senior leadership roles at RSA.