Developing a coaching culture within a FTSE 100 beverages company
A FTSE 100 beverages company, that manufactures, supplies and distributes some of the best-known brands in its field, engaged YSC Consulting to support the development of their leaders.
To continue to excel within their field and achieve stretching commercial targets, it was vital to accelerate the growth of leaders across all levels. Moreover, there was a need to shift the business culture of creating directional and controlling ‘doers’ to being empowering ‘leaders’.
We partnered with the client to create a sustainable culture change and coaching programs that could be applied across all levels of their organization and validated participants with external accreditation.
The ‘Leader Coach’ program was targeted at 60 senior leaders to become extraordinary coaches.
- 2-day immersion workshop to cover what coaching is and isn’t, core coaching skills, contracting, asking powerful questions and key coaching models.
- 90-Minute knowledge dunks around topics such as: coaching for purpose, real relationships, team coaching, difficult conversations.
- 2 x 3-hour group sessions, covering action learning, sharing live experiences, and role-playing exercises.
- 6 x 1-hour 1:1 coaching supervision. Each senior leader was paired with a YSC coach to provide a safe space to discuss challenges they were facing with their coachees. Sessions also included a review of pre-recorded coaching sessions to gain expert feedback
“I congratulate YSC for their professional support and knowledge, and also recognize the serious investment the business made to make our leadership pipeline stronger than ever because of this program.” – ‘Leader Coach’ program participant
- All individuals successfully completed the program and became accredited coaches, recognized by the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- Feedback about the programs was overwhelmingly positive. Senior leaders rated the quality of the facilitators as 9.5out of 10 and self-reported an increase in their knowledge and confidence in coaching models and techniques.