Co-creating an Inclusion & Diversity strategy
- Domino’s is a Fortune1000, multinational pizza chain with more than 17,000 locations. They have experienced significant cultural change in recent years, and have since focused heavily on creating an inclusive culture, as well as expanding the diversity of their workforce.
- A crystalized I&D strategy would underpin their broader leadership strategy to improve talent, remain competitive, reach a wider customer-base, and better tackle an ever-changing market.
- With many franchised stores around the globe, I&D has become a particularly challenging practice to standardize. Change had to come from the top.
- Domino’s wanted to plan, implement and execute an I&D strategy across their corporate workforce to raise the inclusivity of their culture and ultimately roll out to the entirety of their franchise businesses. Specifically, they needed to approach I&D as a key aspect of their leadership strategy.
- To understand the current and desired future state of I&D, YSC held 1:1 conversations with their executive leadership team (LT) and other senior leaders, ran focus groups and visited stores with employees across levels, regions, business units and functions. We conducted research on the organization’s strategy and representation data, as well as an employee survey data.
- Our I&D insights and thought leadership on Conscious Inclusion was shared with the LT and other key stakeholders. We then facilitated a strategy design where the group identified their I&D priorities required to achieve their business goals.
- YSC held two workshops to help leaders co-create their I&D strategy. The first included the LT and other strategic leaders in the initiative. The second branched out to include the extended leadership team in an effort to cascade and embed this work throughout the organization.
- YSC helped develop a comprehensive I&D strategy, including goals, actions and ways to measure success. We also outlined the leadership shifts required to accelerate impact and success.
- Domino’s now has a comprehensive I&D strategy, owned and sponsored by the LT, which they see as an integral part of their broader leadership strategy moving into the new decade.
- Our client is now implementing their I&D strategic plan, with goals set for talent, culture, market, and leadership pillars.
- YSC continues to work with Domino’s to finalize their I&D Leadership Committee and identify LT sponsors.
- YSC is designing a Conscious Inclusion Training-of-Trainers program which would span a 2-3 month journey, enabling select Domino’s leaders to deliver Conscious Inclusion content internally. This training would enable Domino’s to deliver Conscious Inclusion content at scale, to roughly 600 people within the first year.
Find out more about Inclusion, Diversity and Equity with YSC...
Diverse workforces, inclusive cultures and equitable systems are the building blocks of thriving and sustainable organizations of the future.