Conducting Executive Due Diligence
YSC was engaged by a mid-market investor to conduct executive due diligence on a UK-based target in the medical education sector. The investor was looking at taking a minority stake in the business, with a 3x return valuation creation stemming from the professionalization of the business and select M&A activity.
Among a highly competitive environment, mid-way through exclusivity, the investor needed to understand the necessary shift for the target asset’s co-founders to best partner with investors, shape the strategy to deliver on the investment thesis and execute on the transformation. They needed to determine the leadership required, across the management team and beyond, to deliver through to exit.
- Pre-deal: Relationship cultivation and leadership strategy sessions to align CEO and Investment Manager, followed by assessment for development of the co-founders and CFO
- Assessment for development of broader management team in first 100 days: individual assessments and aggregate insights
- Team development session and targeted individual coaching
- YSC accurately predicted performance, as indicated by a significant correlation between multiple YSC measures and subsequent job performance as rated by the investor
- Empowered and engaged management team who has successfully transitioned to a new organizational model and leadership challenges with on-going, fast-paced growth internationally
- CEO has been able to step up to a more strategic role and position key leaders on his team to lead execution
“I wanted to reach out to say thank you. We’ve known these people for years and your assessment was so thorough and accurate, it has really helped us consolidate our thinking and plan a way forward for the individuals and us as a collective.”CEO