Developing Inclusive Leadership Within A Multi-National E-Commerce Company
Our client is a an American multinational e-commerce corporation. With the e-commerce industry being increasingly dominated by large tech providers introducing new business models and services to consumers, there is a growing need for greater innovation to stay ahead.
For our client, the benefits associated with attracting and retaining diverse talent and the impact this has on increasing business growth through innovation, presented an area of development.
As such, the client wanted to partner with YSC Consulting to design and deliver a D&I workshop for senior leaders, that would take an action orientated approach to change.
Building on our unique position on conscious inclusion, YSC delivered a full-day Inclusive Leadership workshop to 10 senior leaders from across the client’s classified business group.
To ensure we gathered bespoke insight into the clients experience of D&I, we scheduled 20 minute pre-workshop calls with each participant and used the themes from these discussions to influence the workshop design.
The main objectives of the session were to:
- Move from monologue to dialogue through the creation of open and honest conversations.
- Develop tangible actions and habits for each individual and the team.
- Unlock the potential of the groups collective influence to shift culture.
- The participants commented on the unique approach YSC took to unconscious bias training, by focusing on an exploration of conscious inclusion.
- In particular, participants felt that this approach provided them an opportunity to personally connect with the agenda as a result of the introduction to concepts such as Identity, psychological safety, and inclusion, which were seen to be universally applicable.
- The post-workshop calls underscored the powerful content YSC delivered, in particular around neuroscience and the power of habits.
- YSC continues to partner with the client on multiple D&I workshops for leaders and champions across the EMEA region, helping to build a more collective commitment to D&I.