Building A High-Performing Team Post Close
YSC was brought in six months after close to assess and develop the leadership of a consumer products portfolio company, which had experienced exponential organic and inorganic growth to retain majority market share. Alongside assessment of 30 leaders, including all C-suite executives and other critical roles, YSC worked hand-in-hand with the CEO and CHRO to problem solve on senior talent needs, including filling critical roles, assimilating new team members and accelerating team performance.
Led by a first-time CEO, the portfolio company was comprised of three divisions that historically operated as separate business units. One of the key tenets of the investment thesis was to bring those divisions together to operate as one enterprise with a shared services model. With that, the management team faced an inflection point where they needed to come together on a shared purpose to be successful, enabled by cross-divisional processes and KPIs to drive collaboration.
- Individual leadership assessments for selection and development
- Executive onboarding and transition coaching for all new management team members
- CEO coaching
- Top team acceleration, including aggregate profiles and facilitated team sessions
- Galvanized the management team around a common goal and developed a team charter
- Improved ways of working based on the personalities and problem-solving and decision-making styles of the team
- Coached and advised the CEO to build a centralized function and communicate the revised strategy to the business
- Accelerated onboarding by aligning new team members with their line managers and peers and gathering pulse feedback
“YSC did a great job of creating a comfortable forum for open and honest communication. They were able to challenge us and be objective in a positive fashion. I learned a lot about myself and the other members of the executive leadership team.”Management Team Member