YSC is the world’s premier independent leadership consultancy. Since being established in 1990, we have partnered with organisations around the world to frame leadership strategy, generate deep insight, and co-create solutions, all the while building brilliant relationships and measuring the impact of our work together. YSC has a global reputation for embedding real change that outlasts initial engagement. We bring deep expertise in assessment, coaching, leadership and talent development, team development, inclusive leadership, and leadership analytics. We are known for our long-term partnerships with some of the largest global clients through our collaborative, straightforward and value-adding approach. We have expertise in over 20 industries and more than 700 organisations, including 43% of the FTSE 100 and 15% of Fortune Global 500.
Our psychological expertise enables us to go underneath the surface to rigorously and holistically understand an individual’s leadership, commercial and psychological make-up within the context of what ‘great’ leadership looks like. We support individuals to reach a depth of insight that leads to transformational growth and business results.
We ensure that Diversity & Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. This reflects one of our five core values – Character – creating environments where people can be their full selves. We have a strong track record of consulting work and publication in this area.
The Practice Area Research & Development Lead reports into the relevant Practice Head, as part of the Innovation Team. The role has peers in Research & Development.
YSC is on a mission to accelerate innovation in order to continually create industry leading points of view, propositions, products and services. Research and development is the driving force behind innovation.
Over the past three years, we have built and embedded an Innovation Team within YSC which has created a long-term focus on specific practice areas. These practice areas have been Leadership Potential, Assessment, Coaching and Data Analytics. As well as growing these practice areas, the innovation team has worked to enable innovation within the regional businesses – through the IP Development Process. As a result, last year, YSC developed 21 new propositions, products and services. To power the next stage of our growth, we are creating Research and Development Lead roles, reporting directly into Practice Heads. The successful role holder will, amongst other things:
RESEARCHING & REFINING POINT OF VIEW, PROPOSITIONS, PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Partner with the Practice Head to formulate research strategy for the area.
- Conduct research programmes (primary and secondary research) to create YSC’s point of view.
- Establish a research narrative that creates YSC’s Point of View.
- Develop and manage a standard evaluation and validation approach for our core products and services within your practice area.
- Evaluate client needs and suggesting improvements to existing products/services as well as developing new products/services or thought leadership.
CREATING THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
- Identifying, and pursuing opportunities to publish thought leadership externally in influential leadership journals and magazines e.g. HBR.
- Representing the practice area internally and externally in order to increase the visibility and credibility of YSC as a thought leader within your practice area.
- Leading conversations (internally and externally) related to the research narrative of the practice area.
- Working with external partners (other consultancies; academic institutions; professional bodies etc.) to undertake mutually-advantageous research as appropriate.
DEVELOPING, PACKAGING & MARKETING PROPOSITIONS
- Partnering with Marketing to create key internal and external collateral relating to Practice Area.
- Owner of version control for all practice area material.
- Establishing a broad perspective on the competitive market relating to Practice Area, using this to keep propositions compelling and relevant.