We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our dynamic and thriving business in Spain.
As we embark on our third year of operations, following a successful start in the market, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Leadership Consultant to expand our team.
The role will be focused on strategic account management, senior level delivery and supporting the Office Head in new client development. The individual will work as part of a close-knit team of Consultants and Operational support staff in a fast paced, demanding and highly rewarding context. The local office has a start-up feel within a global firm, and suits someone excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing and promising business, with a mindset of continuous improvement.
We are looking for an individual with significant experience in the area of leadership development, who is comfortable partnering at the executive level. Good knowledge of the Spanish market and a strong professional network will be valued. Bilingual in English and Spanish and an international mindset will be a critical requirement, given the international nature of our client base.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class firm, leverage the resources, expertise and intellectual property that YSC offers globally whilst enjoying the opportunity to create and implement local business strategy.
As a YSC Leadership Consultant, you operate at senior levels with clients across the public and private sectors internationally, including large corporates and Private Equity-backed businesses.
You work with clients across their entire people agenda: helping them to make key people decisions based on rigorous assessment, coaching and developing their leaders, benchmarking their levels of talent, identifying potential, and helping them ensure they have effective succession plans. You help our clients develop high performing teams, implement leadership development programmes and embed the values and culture necessary to achieve their business goals. Core to your work is developing deep insight into individuals, teams and organisational cultures.
This is an opportunity to add real value and have a genuine impact to the business world, working with brilliant, compassionate, insightful and inventive colleagues. You will have considerable opportunity in this challenging role, led by exposure to the world’s best companies and leaders. We help you to develop your skills, providing ongoing training as well as the opportunity to learn from experienced practitioners.
As a YSC Leadership Consultant, you are expected to be someone who delivers work of an outstanding quality to our clients, who fits into our collegiate and values-based culture, and who is eager to learn and grow your own capabilities.
- You are psychologically-minded and intellectually curious, looking to get under the surface to understand what makes leaders and businesses who they are.
- You work towards a successful leadership strategy, building your clients’ knowledge of whether their organisation has the people, leadership capability and environment to achieve their goals.
- You are commercially-focussed, helping your clients with the difficult business issues they face and contributing to the sustainable growth of our organisation.
- You are proud of what you do and confident in your recommendations and decisions.
- You look to leverage your network, partner on solutions and develop new business leads to further YSC’s success.
- You believe in the benefits of development, enabling leaders to fulfil their potential and maximise the positive impact they have.
- You are energised by ambiguity and change and you understand that there is a no “one size fits all” approach to complex issues.
- You have a strong moral compass, doing the right thing for the organisations we partner with, regardless of competing pressures.
- You like to succeed as part of a team, you enjoy collaboration, sharing ideas and creating solutions, while also being comfortable working on your own.
- You thrive on the challenge of adding value the best leaders at the best organisations in the world.
roles and responsibilities
- Work with clients, delivering consulting services to develop and grow leaders within complex organisations of all sizes, designing solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Engage and build relationships with senior executives, acting as a trusted business advisor.
- Engage in building new business opportunities for YSC, developing networks within existing clients as well as reaching beyond to new organisations with whom YSC can partner.
- Manage client projects alongside a wider consulting and operations team to deliver effective solutions to clients’ more intricate problems. Consultants work globally to scope projects, manage budgets and ensure value is added to clients at every stage.
- Integrate into the YSC community: share knowledge, learnings, feedback and experience to develop yourself and colleagues around you.
- Bring psychological thinking to the fore, ensuring communications are insightful, engaging and offer tangible solutions and impact that are ethically sound.
- Contribute to the internal efficiencies and success of YSC.
- Work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining excellent standards.
- Successfully manage workflow to meet monthly targets.
Desired skills and experience
Experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Leadership strategy
- Executive assessment
- Executive coaching
- Board / team development
- Leadership development
- Culture change
- Talent management
- Talent assessment
- Inclusive leadership / D&I
- Leadership analytics
- Working with Private Equity businesses
- Working at senior levels within large scale organisations and / or consulting
- Creating thought leadership
- Design and delivery of large scale consulting projects
- Client and portfolio management, building new opportunities within
- Business development
- Leveraging your network
You should have the following skills / qualities:
- Rare insight – curious about people and organisations
- Innovative thinker, able to design solutions that provoke and engage colleagues and clients
- Communication skills, verbal as well as written
- Credible presence at senior levels
- Managing relationships as you partner with clients
- Constructive challenge and delivering feedback internally and externally
- Bringing others along with you, sharing learnings and opportunities for growth within the wider organisation
- Flexible working style
- Strong organisation skills and an eye for detail
- Personal insight and a desire to learn and develop
- Resilience, calm under pressure
- Passion for the work we do!
- Numerate, digital and financially oriented
- Willing to travel for short-term client work within Europe or to other YSC offices
- Willing to work in a flexible manner to respond to client demand
- A Masters in a Behavioural Science, e.g. Occupational Psychology, Organisational Behaviour, Executive Coaching
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Paid sabbatical (at the company’s discretion)
- Comprehensive health and development benefits
- Flexible working
- Performance related bonus