YSC is the world’s premier independent leadership consultancy. Since being established in 1990, we have partnered with organisations around the world to frame leadership strategy, generate deep insight, and co-create solutions, all the while building brilliant relationships and measuring the impact of our work together. YSC has a global reputation for embedding real change that outlasts initial engagement. We bring deep expertise in assessment, coaching, leadership and talent development, team development, inclusive leadership, and leadership analytics. We are known for our long-term partnerships with some of the largest global clients through our collaborative, straightforward and value-adding approach. We have expertise in over 20 industries and more than 700 organisations, including 43% of the FTSE 100 and 15% of Fortune Global 500.
JOB CONTEXT AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
YSC is beginning an exciting period of transformation in the Technology space, looking to modernise and future-proof our Global Network as well as supercharging our service delivery through new Technology Platforms. We are looking for an IT manager to support the Technology needs of our offices across the APAC region and to help us drive through through this programme of change.
Given this is a regional role, occasional travel and out of hours work may be required.
Reporting in to the Global Head of Technology, key responsibilities include:
AT A REGIONAL LEVEL
- Manage and support all information technology and computer systems.
- Service Desk delivery through management of Managed Service Provider and hands on Support.
- Manage internal and external IT resources as necessary.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Monitor and support regional Technology budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
AT A GLOBAL LEVEL
- Support Global Cloud network infrastructure.
- Support and delivery of Global technology standards and policies for the region.
- Representation and championing of local technology needs within the Global team.
- Align with user needs and system functionality to contribute to Global Strategy and Policy.
- Contribute to Global budget management.
KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent communication skills: This role will require extensive liaison with all levels of business stakeholders and the internal team at YSC. The candidate must therefore be able to demonstrate confidence, credibility and flexibility in managing all of their stakeholders.
- Organisation and planning: High levels of organisation, prioritisation and planning skills in managing multiple work streams; excellent diary management.
- Attention to detail: Accuracy; excellent standards of document presentation; contributing new ideas and approaches to improve standards; excellent written and oral communication.
- Flexibility and adaptability and resilience: Confidence and optimism in the face of ambiguity and grasp new methodologies, meets pressing deadlines; work well under pressure; capacity to cope with volume.
- Motivation: Interest and motivation at work; receptive to feedback; demonstrate conscientiousness, reliability and pro-activity; open to new ideas and change; self-starter.
- Relationships with third parties: Outstanding ‘public face’ of YSC through exemplary dealings with third parties e.g. excellent phone manner, professional approach, timely responses, build relationships, warm, relaxed style.
- Relationships with team: Enthusiasm and helpfulness to others through a collaborative approach; calmness under pressure; an ability to meet pressing deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or similar relevant role.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Expertise in data and information security.
- Ability to manage third party service providers.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Experience rebuilding and repair of desktop and laptops.
- Support, administration and troubleshooting of Windows and MacOS, Active Directory, SharePoint, Windows Server, Print Server, Exchange, IIS, Office 365.
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
- Previous experience of Cloud Networks, Infrastructure, Azure, AWS, PAAS and IAAS.
- Experience supporting Server Rooms and Cabling.
- Telephone Systems/VOIP.
- Meraki Infrastructure.