ABOUT THE COMPANY
YSC is the world’s premier independent leadership consultancy. Since being established in 1990, we have partnered with organisations around the world to frame leadership strategy, generate deep insight, and co-create solutions, all the while building brilliant relationships and measuring the impact of our work together. YSC has a global reputation for embedding real change that outlasts initial engagement. We bring deep expertise in assessment, coaching, leadership and talent development, team development, inclusive leadership, and leadership analytics. We are known for our long-term partnerships with some of the largest global clients through our collaborative, straightforward and value-adding approach. We have expertise in over 20 industries and more than 700 organisations, including 43% of the FTSE 100 and 15% of Fortune Global 500.
Our psychological expertise enables us to go underneath the surface to rigorously and holistically understand an individual’s leadership, commercial and psychological make-up within the context of what ‘great’ leadership looks like. We support individuals to reach a depth of insight that leads to transformational growth and business results.
We ensure that Diversity & Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. This reflects one of our five core values – Character – creating environments where people can be their full selves. We have a strong track record of consulting work and publication in this area.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently recruiting for a full time, 2 year-long Assistant Leadership Consultant position in our London office. The successful individual will provide support to a senior leader within the business, working on a range of consultancy projects, examples of which may include the following:
- Conducting research to support internal management projects.
- Supporting the design and implementation of other client interventions and internal consultancy projects.
- Shadowing assessments and assisting with report writing.
- Conducting data analysis and presenting findings and insights gathered.
- Providing administrative support, such as psychometric administration and some coordination.
- Attending client meetings.
- Client liaison and supporting with relationship management.
There will also be opportunity to support the commercial team to gain a strong foundation in YSC’s core offerings, client management and business development activities. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with members of the Global Commercial Team to research organisations and industries and provide commercial insights.
- Writing customised global proposals for C-level decision makers.
- Working with Regional Commercial Director(s) to assist with pricing.
- Delivering high quality, client-ready proposals and supporting materials independently, prioritising multiple deliverables with competing demands under time pressure.
The position will give you insight into the working life of a highly experienced and senior leadership consultant, with exposure to clients across a range of industry sectors. You will be provided with on-going feedback and coaching to enable you to develop your skills. This position may lead to the offer of a permanent role within consultancy at the end of the contract, based on both individual and organisational performance.
APPLICANTS WILL HAVE
- A high achieving academic background: Strong A Level grades, a minimum 2:1 in Psychology degree/conversion diploma and an MSc or equivalent in a Psychology related subject (e.g. Occupational Psychology).
- A minimum of 6 months work experience within a commercial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills: an energetic and positive-minded approach; the ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously; strong presence and impact in front of a senior audience.
- A proactive and action oriented working method, with a passion for applying psychology in a commercial and pragmatic way.